Toying with some new Units

DBDraftDBDraft Posts: 104Administrator
Here are some toys that could be useful, from a variety of undisclosed sources (ie: internet) so please don't ask where I got them from! ;)

photo 005_zpscr0zwanj.jpg

photo 006_zpsdynjvwgf.jpg

photo 007_zpsjlxp1agr.jpg

photo 002_zpsev2qiumx.jpg
·

Comments

• Dorn17Dorn17 Posts: 7Member, Tester
    Love the bikes!!! Where did you get them? HAHAHA, just kidding. Love the bikes!
    ·
  • DBDraftDBDraft Posts: 104Administrator
    They are custom conversions.
    ·
  • Stadl0rStadl0r Posts: 68Administrator
    Looks incredible!!!

Co-Creator - X-Wing: Ground Assault - Twitter
    ·
  • Awing_PilotAwing_Pilot Posts: 5Member, Tester
    Have you thought of rules for these? More units makes the game more interesting and I would love to play speeder bikes.
    ·
    Thanks, for the bikes they would move much like a ship, ie: use regular movement templates and they would also have the Boost action. I will try to find the WIP stuff for them soon. They are an interesting unit in that they are a mix of infantry and vehicle. Some rules will work best if treated as a ship/vehicle for movement. They also have some infantry aspects but cannot really "Take Cover" or use "Overwatch" as they are generally whizzing around!
    ·
    OK some proposed stats for Speeder Bike units:

Speeder Bike Team
    Attack: 2
    Defense: 3
    Health: 1
    Armor: 0

ACTIONS: Focus, Boost, Evade

Weapon Range: 1-2
    Max Speed: Any speed 1,2 or 3 maneuver, except for K-Turns, S-Loops or Talon Rolls.

Each stand/team of speeder bikes has 2 bikes modeled on it and is the same base size as an infantry team (3 cm). The speeder bikes are purchased as a Patrol which has 2 Speeder Bike teams. So a Patrol can combine their Attack and Health together as an infantry unit can.
    Unlike an infantry team they use regular maneuver templates of speed 1, 2 or 3 but do not need a dial for plotting. When they move they can select any applicable maneuver template and treat these as follows: All straights and banks are green maneuvers, all turns are white maneuvers. They then can assign an Action token like a ship or use a Boost maneuver.

So basically they are a hybrid unit with some infantry and some ship attributes. A Patrol with 2 teams and Skill if 2 would be about 8 points.
    ·
  • Awing_PilotAwing_Pilot Posts: 5Member, Tester
    Thanks for the details, I can't wait to try them out!
    ·
    Cool, let us know what you think as these are really just ideas that haven't been tested. They are likely to be the fastest ground unit available, as they could move at speed 3 and then boost. Their movement and shooting is virtually the same as for a ship. They cannot be suppressed like infantry but can be stressed like any ship can, probably should be affected by ion tokens like a ship too. They use regular ship actions as well, so must have a focus token to use focus results. The aspects that are like infantry are that they can shoot as a small group (2 teams) and they do not need to pre-plot movement which means they can be more slippery as they can react to lower skilled units.... ideal for setting up chases!

·
    Here is another unit I am thinking of adding... it also appeared in Rogue One.

photo 001_zpszzkh5tp0.jpg

I also made one of these about a year ago...

photo 005_zps7ait8s9h.jpg
    ·